Mission Statement: It’s our mission to be your lifelong, trustworthy financial partner and to help improve your life through our services.
For 20 years MECU has been a reliable resource for Missoulians, who are looking for more than an ordinary banking experience. In 1996 we began as a financial cooperative for school employees in Missoula, Mineral, Granite and Sanders counties, but expanded to serve all Missoula County residents in 1998. We are an independent credit union with local roots--locally owned by our members and locally operated by our staff and volunteer board.
We know who are members are and we work hard to provide them with a great banking experience, because at Montana Educators’ Credit Union, everything we do, we do for you!
Montana Educators Credit Union offers all of the basic financial services to Missoula, MT residents, including:
• Checking accounts (we call them share draft accounts in the CU industry) with no minimum balance, monthly service fee or per check charge
• VISA debit and credit cards
• Home Banking
• Mobile Banking
• Direct Deposit
• Auto Loans
• RV & Boat Loans
• Home Equity Loans
• Mobile Home Loans
• Personal Loans
• And more, all delivered with a personal touch.
1. We are member owned. When you open an account with us, you become a bona fide shareholder with a vote, not just a customer. The members elect our volunteer board, which is comprised of local residents, so we are truly a locally based credit union.
2. We offer great deals on loans. Whether you need a loan to buy a car, do home improvements or consolidate your debts, our dedicated and knowledgeable team can help.
3. Real people answer the phone. Call it old school, but we do our best to make sure a staff member answers the phone, not the auto attendant. If you get “please press 1 for ….” It is after 5 p.m. or a really busy lunch hour.
The Credit Union Office will be closed on Monday, July 4th for the holiday. We wish everyone a wonderful July 4th weekend!
2000 S Russell St. Suite 1
Missoula, MT 59801
Phone: (406) 728-1034
Fax: (406) 721-6125